Indonesian Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati is known to have launched an electronic stamp duty or e-materai with a nominal value of 10,000 rupiah which offers legal guarantees for the electronic document.
According to the Minister of Finance, the pandemic has accelerated the use of digital technology, including in paperless transactions. The Director General of Taxes at the Ministry of Finance said that electronic stamps are expected to facilitate public transactions.
Electronic stamp duty or e-stamp is stamp duty with electronic format that has special characteristics issued by the Government of the Republic of Indonesia, to be used in paying taxes on electronic documents and connected to an electronic system containing electronic documents.
Read more: 6 ways to choose the best ERP program
The contents of PMK 13/2021 explain that the affixing of Electronic Stamp Duty on documents subject to excise, which furthermore according to Article 7 PMK 13/2021 Electronic Stamp has a unique code in the form of 22 (twenty two) digits of the Stamp serial number generated by the System. Electronic Stamp Duty and certain information consisting of an image of the state symbol, namely the Garuda Indonesia with the words “Electronic Stamp” and numbers and text indicating the Stamp Duty rate.
The Benefit of E-Meterai for Your Business
The advantages provided to e-material users include:
- With e-stamp, documents can be created in minutes.
- Electronic stamps are immutable and have a unique identification number.
- You can verify the authenticity of the electronic stamp.
- For e-stamp, no specific denomination is required.
As for how to buy electronic stamps via online you need to know, such as:
- Go to the pos.e-meterai.co.id page
- Click the “BUY E-MATERIAL” menu
- After that you can register or login by entering your registered email and password, if you are a new user, then click “Register here”. To continue registration by filling in your personal data and uploading the required documents.
- Then you will receive an OTP code which you can then enter for the validation process
If the validation stage is complete then you can purchase the e-stamp you need. However, it should be noted that after logging in, you will be faced with two menu options, between Purchase and Affix. If you don’t have an electronic stamp, select Purchase.
- After that, you can continue the affixing stage by entering detailed document information such as date, document number, and document type
- Upload documents in PDF format
- Position the stamp duty in accordance with the applicable provisions, then click ‘Apply Stamp’, then click ‘Yes’. Next you are required to enter the PIN that has been registered, if this has been done then the affixing process has been completed.
- When finished, you can directly download PDF files from documents that have been affixed with electronic stamps.
The application of electronic stamps on electronic documents is a tangible manifestation of digital transformation to support digital financial transactions in Indonesia.
Digital transformation has introduced many benefits and brought changes to the way people work and conduct business. As in the current billing process without using paper anymore, it is a common thing to do today.
Read more: The history of Harbolnas and how to maximize its profit
Therefore, digitization is considered to provide many solutions that make every activity easier. Currently administrative procedures have also been made simpler and faster, such as physical signatures being replaced by electronic signatures.
In Indonesia, individuals, businesses and other organizations must pay stamp duty on certain legal documents. Stamp duty is a one-time tax levied on civil documents and other documents used as evidence in legal proceedings. By law, the Indonesian government has recognized electronic documents as valid and therefore subject to stamp duty.